While eyes are the window to the soul, for a lady, the contents of her bag are the key…
My grandma used to get mad when we would go through someone’s purse, so one day I asked her why. Here’s what she told me, “You can tell a lot about a woman by what she carries in her purse. It’s like all her secrets are right there in her bag; she takes that bag where she needs to go and inside are things that are important to her. Not you. You never go through someone’s belongings, they’re not yours. Oh, and never let a guy look through it. He doesn’t need to know your secrets.”
Many women tend to carry around, most times, a giant bag that seems like an endless pit with all the items found inside; we like to call this a purse. They come in different sizes and colors and shapes and it’s seriously ridiculous how expensive they can get, but man oh man are some of them cute. While I somewhat dislike purses, I will admit that they are so handy! Seriously, the amount of stuff they can hold is astounding…
I prefer when I can just stuff my wallet in my back pocket because it’s just less messy and less to carry. Though as I grew older and started to become more of a woman I’ve realized how handy-dandy a purse can be. I work in a retail store and before leaving we have to get our bags checked. One of my coworkers who I tend to work most with will check my bag and laugh every time because of the contents. So let’s play a game and reveal some of my secrets.
What’s inside my purse?
- My new wallet which could probably be considered a clutch if I’m being honest.
- Bath and Body Works’ minty fresh lip gloss
- Herbal tinted lip balm
- Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
- Delirium by Lauren Oliver
- A journal
- At least four different pens because I like choices
- Hand sanitizer from Bath and Body Works
- Flashlight (and no, not a big one because while yes it would fit it just doesn’t even make sense…)
- A knife (and not the kind found in your kitchen)
- Change, you never know when it can come in handy
- Receipts that I should probably get rid of because I don’t need them
- And finally, two Bath and Body Works lotions; Secret Wonderland and Shea Cream (both amazing!)
Note: These items sometimes change when I switch out bags. The books tend to switch every other week or so, depending how fast I read them. As do the lotions. Oh, and my coworker always laughs at me due to the different books. Each time she check my bag she says “So what book do you have today?”
So with a few of my secrets revealed, what can you tell about me? What do you have in your purse?
Lots of Love,
Felie Fel ♥